A.S. president’s letter to students

A.S. President Mark Heath’s addresses the student body, bringing to attention recent and current A.S. endeavors.

To the students of Biola University,

As the semester comes to an end, I want to give you a recap of significant events as you break for the Christmas season. We have remained within our budget for the fall semester while still initiating new programs. We hosted a successful Biola Serve Day where students engaged in community service in La Mirada. Despite having four personnel changes, we remained true to our vision, “To empower leaders to serve the body of Christ”.

Just this week, the Senate passed a new bylaw establishing the Coalition for Social Action as a permanent position within A.S. We have had renowned people on campus such as Shane Claiborne and Michael Horton addressing the students, as well as various concerts such as Shane and Shane and Shai Linne. In all, we believe the semester was successful in terms of budget, event planning, and the utilization of your money.

As I continue updating the administration with your concerns, I value your input. Conversations are underway about student engagement in the Jesus Mural, the SUB and other items of concern to you. The spring semester will be an eventful one. With concerts, debates and elections on the agenda there will be plenty for you to be involved with. Our hope is that we may serve you in all of these things.

It is an honor to serve you. Your rights as a student are my top priority. Know that I will continue to advocate on your behalf for anything you have a right to and will defend your interests to any opposed. This is your money, your government and your organization. Your input is crucial to the success of A.S.

I pray that your break is restful and that God blesses you all in this season where we remember his becoming flesh. Relax, spend time with family and friends, and prepare for an exciting semester ahead.

Proudly Serving,
Mark R. Heath
Associated Students President