Dorm of the Week: Li and Welch apartments

Positioned next to Thompson Hall are the Li and Welch apartments. Although these apartments are similar in many ways, there are a few differences. If you are going to be a junior or senior next year but don’t want to live off-campus, Li or Welch might be the perfect option for you.

unknown

Li Apartments is one of few campus dorms which has apartment style living. Photo by Kelsey Heng

o Keeping it cozy: The Welch apartments have two floors and the building holds only about 45 people. There are 15 one-bedroom apartments and three residents are permitted to live in each apartment. There is only one RC to manage the building and there are no lobbies. Similarly, the Li apartments have two floors and the building holds about 60 people. However, in the Li apartments there are 14 units with four residents living in each. These apartments are definitely more private and independent than regular dorms.

o Special privileges: Like Thompson Hall, only undergraduate juniors and seniors or students over the age of 21 are allowed to live in the Welch apartments. Residents also can enjoy facilities such as laundry rooms on every floor and barbeque decks for hangouts.

o Room materials: Rooms in the apartments come with fully furnished couches, beds and refrigerators. Individual voice mailboxes and Ethernet access are also available in each room.

For more information about the Welch apartments, visit here. For more information about the Li apartments, visit here.