Crime Log ― March 21-26

Attempted extortion, Disturbing the Peace, Petty Theft, Obscene or Threatening Telephone Calls and Hit and Run make up this week’s Crime Log.

Jana Eller, Writer

Attempted Extortion ― Sigma Hall

Reported March 20, 12:16 a.m., occurred March 19, between 11 and 11:30 p.m.

The victim reported being extorted by someone not associated with Biola. The case was reported to the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, who is continuing the investigation with Campus Safety.

Disturbing the Peace ― Myers Hall

Reported March 20, 1 p.m.

A student reported yelling inside the building which was disturbing a class. The yelling stopped before a Campus Safety officer made contact with the person yelling.

Petty Theft ― Grove Modulars

Reported March 20, 1:37 p.m., occurred March 20, between 12:35 p.m. and 1 p.m.

A staff member reported office supplies stolen from their office. The case has not been reported to the LASD, but Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

Petty Theft ― Hope Hall

Reported March 20, 10:52 p.m., occurred March 20, 8:20 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

A student reported decorations stolen from inside the building. The case has not been reported to the LASD, but Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

Obscene or Threatening Telephone Calls ― Alpha Hall

Reported March 22, 8:52 p.m., occurred between March 17, 1 a.m. and March 18, 12 p.m.

A student reported receiving online harassment. The case was not reported to the LASD, but Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

Hit and Run: Property Damage ― Lot G

Reported March 22, 10:55 a.m., occurred prior to March 22, 10:55 a.m.

A Campus Safety employee reported seeing a vehicle scrape a parked car. An officer later made contact with both of the owners, and Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

Disturbing the Peace ― Hope Hall

Reported March 26, 10:16 p.m.

A student reported students playing basketball on the court outside Hope. An officer made contact with two groups of students and informed them of quiet hour policies. The students stopped without further incident.