Crime Log: April 4, 2014

Hit and runs and loud Mock Rock practices make up this week’s Crime Log.

Campus Safety Chief John Ojeisekhoba and his crew of officers put on equipment in preparation for the active shooter drill held on Wednesday, August 14. The drill coordinated with SWAT and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department to prepare officers for any situation. The increased security in chapel is part of Ojeisekhoba’s plan to make Biola as safe as possible. | Courtesy of Campus Safety

Augusta McDonnell, Writer

Petty Theft — Caf
Reported on April 7 at 12:36 p.m.

An individual who signed in at the Caf claiming they would not be eating was reported by Caf employees to Campus Safety. An officer arrived, made contact with the individual and had them pay.

Disturbing the Peace — Lot S
Reported on April 8 at 11:05 p.m.

Students practicing for Mock Rock were reported playing music too loud after hours. An officer made contact and asked them to keep it down.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — Lot S
Reported on April 9; occurred between 8 p.m. and 12 a.m.

Campus Safety responded to a report by a driver parked in Lot S who returned to their vehicle to find scratches. The damage is under investigation.

Trespassing — Lot A (Myers)
April 9 at  1:02 a.m.

An officer made contact with an individual who did not belong on campus and asked them to leave. The trespass was cleared with no follow-up necessary.

Vandalism — South Campus
Reported on April 9; occurred prior to April 9 at 11:08 a.m.

A graffitied moniker was reported inside the men’s bathroom on South Campus. The vandalism is in under investigation.

Disturbing the Peace — Lot S
Reported on April 9 at 11:40 p.m.

Campus Safety made contact with two Mock Rock groups rehearsing after hours. They were told to keep the noise down.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — Lot B (Sutherland)
Reported on April 10 at 8:39 a.m.

An individual called in, reporting that they had witnessed a moving vehicle hit a parked vehicle and then drive away. They reported the vehicle information to Campus Safety, who contacted the suspect. Officers had the victim and the perpetrator exchange information. The dispute was cleared.

Vehicle Theft — Lot R
Reported on April 10; occurred between March 27 and April 8.

A student vehicle parked near the soccer field was reported stolen. Campus Safety officers are working with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The theft is under investigation.

Disturbing the Peace — Lot K (Alpha)
April 10 at 10:55 p.m.

An individual on campus reported a Mock Rock group rehearsing near Alpha. An officer made contact and told them to go somewhere else.

Disturbing the Peace — Lot K (Alpha)
April 10 at 11:25 p.m.

An individual on campus reported a different Mock Rock group rehearsing near Alpha. An officer made contact and told them to go somewhere else.