Eisley and mewithoutYou concert impresses Biola students

Eisley and mewithoutYou performed at Biola on May 14 in a concert sponsored by Associated Students.

Aaron+Weiss%2C+lead+singer+of+mewithoutYou%2C+performs+at+the+2011+AS+spring+concert+on+Saturday%2C+May+14.+Held+on+McNally+field%2C+Biola+students+and+visiting+audience+enjoyed+a+four+band+lineup.+%7C+Kelsey+Heng+

kelsey heng

Aaron Weiss, lead singer of mewithoutYou, performs at the 2011 AS spring concert on Saturday, May 14. Held on McNally field, Biola students and visiting audience enjoyed a four band lineup. | Kelsey Heng

Aaron Weiss, lead singer of mewithoutYou, performs at the 2011 AS spring concert on Saturday, May 14. | Kelsey Heng/THE CHIMES

Students gathered on McNally Lawn Saturday, May 14, despite the windy cold to enjoy an Associated Students sponsored concert featuring mewithoutYou; Eisley; My Double, My Brother and Christie Dupree. Both Biola students and fans from off campus, over 600 people in total, came together to enjoy their favorite bands and get a taste of AS hospitality.

The concert was refreshing and a good opportunity to “escape the business of classes and have fun with friends and even strangers,” said senior Maria Scott.

Both leading bands, mewithoutYou and Eisley, left students with various reactions.

Junior Kris Yee came to enjoy Eisley, but left with a distaste for mewithoutYou. “I felt that Eisley’s set was absolutely fantastic,” he said. “The girls displayed charisma and musicianship on stage, however, I was not in the slightest bit impressed with headlining band (mewithoutYou).”

Other students, however, came excited for mewithoutYou and left very satisfied. “It was better than I had even imagined,” said sophomore Drew Eccleston.

The concert was an “out of body experience,” according to senior Carrie Ratcliffe.

Eccleston was specifically impressed with how mewithoutYou got the crowd moving. His favorite part was when the crowd started dancing, moshing and singing during the heavy songs. “It was a crazy fun Biola party.”

James Arnold, a Talbot student and mewithoutYou fan, thought the bands did a good job. He said he was particularly impressed with My Double, By Brother and enjoyed mewithoutYou.

“mewithoutYou has an insane stage presence; they have a extreme amount of energy that comes out vocally and musically,” he said.

Senior Social Board representative and Eddy coordinator Sam Santos was satisified at the conclusion of the event. “You could tell that students and other audience members were having an amazing time. And that’s what is most important,” said Santos.