Judith Hill to perform concert Biola

Judith Hill, Biola alumna, will be returning to campus to perform with the campus jazz ensembles Thursday, March 24.

Abbey Bennett, Writer

Judith Hill, an alumnae of Biola University, will be on campus Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 7:30p.m. in the Crowell Music Auditorium – Lansing Recital Hall. She studied with John Browning of Biola’s Conservatory of Music and graduated in 2005, holding a degree in music composition. After graduating, Hill went on tour with various musicians and tours. In 2007, Hill went to multiple countries performing with Michel Polnareff, a French pop star.

According to biola.edu, “In 2009, she was selected as one of Michael Jackson’s back-up singers for his planned comeback ‘This Is It’ concerts. Michael Jackson’s death on June 25, 2009 caused the tour to be cancelled. Along with the rest of the ‘This Is It’ cast members, she performed at Jackson’s memorial services at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles on July 7, 2009.” During the memorial service, Hill sang the lead in “Heal the World.” This is when the world found out about Judith Hill.

As of last week, the concert being held on Thursday night is now a benefit concert. Hill, along with the rest of the world, has been greatly affected by the tragedy in Japan. She has Japanese heritage, as her mom is an immigrant from Japan. Tickets are still free, but donations will be accepted at the door.

Seating is first come, first serve. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. RSVP online is required for attendance.