Intramural football playoffs postponed due to fires, three other sports still in season

With a little over one month left in the semester, a few intramural sports are beginning to wrap up their seasons.

The regular season has ended for flag football, and the players now look forward to the upcoming playoffs. The current top team is Armageddon, who remains undefeated.

Freshman Ashley Steinke is part of the undefeated team.

“It’s obviously been going really well,” she said. “It’s just really fun, and I like the competition.”

Armageddon was scheduled to play Posse last week to open the playoffs, but was unable because of the bad air quality as a result of the fires. The game has been postponed for two weeks as of last Saturday.

Despite the fires, the competitive spirits still remain high.

“It was really sad the games got postponed because I wanted to beat Posse,” Steinke said, “but we’ll get them next time.”

Volleyball is also a very competitive sport that students have played this fall. They are still competing in the regular season at this point in the semester.

There are many personal aspects to intramural volleyball, one being how teams pray before each match. Freshman Erika Hadano is grateful for the opportunities provided.

“Getting to play and know my team as well as other teams is great,” she said.

Dodgeball, added this year, is the newest sport, and the team A Little Bit O Color is undefeated.

Senior Brooks Elliot has thoroughly enjoyed competing in dodgeball so far this semester.

“It’s a lot of fun to get together with friends,” Brooks said. “I love how fast paced it is. It’s just fun to gather together and throw balls as hard as you can.”

“There’s something very satisfying about it,” he added jokingly.