Crime Log — Feb. 18 – Feb. 21

This week’s crime log features two cases of weapons on school grounds and one case of marijuana possession.

Lacey Patrick, Deputy News Editor

Vandalism — Earl & Virginia Green Art Gallery

Reported Feb. 18 at 10:26 a.m., occurred on Feb. 17 between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.

The Art Gallery reported graffiti in their interactive exhibit. The case is still an active investigation.

Weapon(s) on School Grounds — Horton Hall

Reported Feb. 19 at 10:08 a.m. 

Metal knuckles were found and reported to Campus Safety. During the investigation, officers also found a knife at 11:45 a.m. The case has been referred to Student Development for follow-up.

Petty Theft — Lot K

Reported Feb. 19 at 2:01 p.m., occurred between Feb. 18 at 11 p.m. and Feb. 19 at 8 a.m.

A student reported that several items were taken from her vehicle, which was likely left unlocked. The student did not refer the case to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, but it is still an active investigation.

Vandalism — Library

Reported Feb. 19 at 4:40 p.m., occurred prior to Feb. 14 at 8 a.m.

Information Technology reported damaged equipment in the library. The case is still active, but was not referred to LASD. 

Weapon(s) on School Grounds and Furnishing Alcoholic Beverage(s) to a Minor — Hope Hall and Lot C

Reported Feb. 19 at 9:27 p.m., occurred Feb. 18 at 10:30 p.m.

Student Development reported two students who were possibly intoxicated in Hope Hall. During the investigation, officers found that one student furnished alcohol to the other, who was a minor, in Lot C. Officers also found a knife on one of the students. The case has been referred to Student Development.

Petty Theft — Hope Hall

Reported Feb. 20 at 3:26 p.m., occurred prior.

A student reported their bicycle had been missing for nine months. The case is still active.

Petty Theft — Horton Hall

Reported Feb. 20 at 3:59 p.m., occurred prior.

Residence Life reported that equipment was missing in Horton Hall. It is still an active investigation.

Federal Marijuana Law Violation — Lido Mirada Apartments

Reported Feb. 21 at 8:50 a.m.

Campus Safety officers reported marijuana found in an apartment. The case has been referred to Student Development.