Baseball extends four-game winning streak

The Eagles remain perfect after defeating CSU San Bernardino.

Andi Basista, Sports Editor

Eagles baseball traveled inland to take on California State University, San Bernardino in their fourth game of the season. It was a breezy game, as Biola was in control throughout all nine innings. Sophomore pitcher Larson Kindreich led BU to their 4-2 victory, striking out 12 Coyotes on 23 at bats during seven innings on the plate.

EAGLES EXPAND EXPECTATIONS

The Coyotes and Eagles both started slow. Four innings passed before Biola found the scoreboard in the top of the fifth, scoring three straight runs. The explosive inning started at the hands of junior shortstop Connor Kostecka, who scored off of an RBI by sophomore center fielder Tyler Baca as he tripled down the right field line. Junior hitter Ryan Gallegos brought in two more runs off of a RBI, sending junior second baseman RobertAnthony Cruz and Baca to home plate and putting the Eagles up 3-0 in an instant. San Bernardino struggled to bounce back from Biola’s quick turnaround.

The Eagles found one more run in the top of the seventh off a Gallegos single, sending redshirt sophomore left fielder Rylan Greenlee to home base and putting the Eagles up 4-0. The Coyotes were unable to make a push at BU, remaining scoreless until the bottom of the ninth when they scored two runs. Yet, their efforts were not sufficient in overcoming their deficit, and the Eagles walked away with the victory, 4-2.

The Eagles (4-0) will return to Eagles Diamond and host CSU San Bernardino in a turnaround matchup on Saturday, Feb. 8 at 1 p.m.