Crime Log — Dec. 3 – Dec. 10

Related cases of disturbing the peace, battery and trespassing were all reported at the Tradewinds Apartments.
Crime Log — Dec. 3 – Dec. 10

Weapon(s) on School Grounds — University Drive

Reported Dec. 6, 10:07 p.m., occurred Dec. 6, 10:07 p.m.

Campus Safety officers reported two students with a sword. Officers made contact and determined that the sword was a prop weapon and not functional, so no actual crime had occurred. However, as a lookalike weapon, it violated Biola’s policies and was confiscated, but will be returned when the students are off campus. The incident was cleared by exception. 

Disturbing the Peace — Tradewinds Apartments

Reported Dec. 8, 2:40 p.m.

A student reported two roommates yelling from another apartment. Officers made contact and advised the yelling students to keep the noise down. 

Battery — Tradewinds Apartments

Reported Dec. 8, 2:40 p.m., occurred Dec. 8, 2:40 p.m.

While investigating the previous disturbing of the peace incident, Campus Safety officers observed physical contact between the two arguing roommates. The students were referred to Student Development for follow-up.

Trespassing — Tradewinds Apartments

Reported Dec. 8, 7:07 p.m.

Campus Safety discovered a friend of a resident who was in violation of Biola’s policy. Officers issued a trespass advisement and had the individual leave the apartments.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — Lot G 

Reported Dec. 9, 2:52 p.m., occurred between Nov. 29, 12 p.m. and Dec. 5, 2:35 p.m.

A student reported that their vehicle had been scratched while parked in Lot G. The case is currently active.