Men’s basketball wins thriller against Dominican, 65-64

Marquise Mosley’s game-winner pushed the Eagles to their second PacWest conference win of the season and their sixth win in a row.

Zachary Devane, Freelance Writer

Men’s basketball won their sixth game in a row on Saturday night thanks to a clutch, game-winning shot by senior guard Marquise Mosley. His shot with four seconds left gave the Eagles a 65-64 lead over the home team, Dominican University of California.

The leading scorer for BU on the night was junior forward Jesse Elrod, who finished with 16 points and five boards. Mosley totaled 11 points, three assists and five rebounds. Junior forward Michael Bagatourian also had a good game, racking up 12 points and four rebounds while sophomore guard Whitten Dominquez contributed 10 points on 3-5 shooting off the bench.

CAN’T STOP WINNING

The Penguins started the game on a hot 7-0 run, stunning the Eagles. However, Mosley stopped their momentum by scoring his first two points of the night. Mosley, along with three other Eagles finished the game with double-digit scoring numbers. In their second PacWest conference game of the season, the Eagles were down 34-29 at halftime after a tough opening 20 minutes.

At the start of the second half, a quick 5-0 run from BU got the game tied up. From then on, neither team led by more than four points. With 39 seconds left, Dominican junior guard Jordan Williams hit a three-pointer to put the Penguins up 64-63. Only seconds later Mosley responded with the clutch game-winner to seal it for the Eagles, 65-64.

The Eagles (6-2 overall, 2-0 PacWest) will be on the hardcourt at Chase Gymnasium on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 7:30 p.m. to face Hawaii Hilo University.