Women’s golf sends three Eagles to Erau Invitational

Larson, Jackson and Reynolds remain in the top half of the leaderboard.
Senior Becca Larson swings through the ball.
Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Three Eagles from the women’s golf team traveled to Prescott, Arizona for a two-day tournament at the Erau Co-Ed Invitational. Junior Bella Larson, freshman Courtney Jackson and sophomore Rachel Reynolds represented Biola in a 54-hole match, placing within the top half of all the individuals from various colleges. The trio went up against athletes from Whittier College, Hope International University and Arizona Christian University.

TERRIFIC TRIO

Larson (79-83-83) led the trio, finishing the tournament in 18th place. She ended with a score of 245, earning her very first top 20 finish in three rounds on the green. Jackson (86-79-82) ended the two-day invitational closely behind Larson in 21st place. She ended Tuesday with a score of 82 in her first ever collegiate invitational. Reynolds (85-82-82) was not far behind Jackson on the leaderboard, finishing in 23rd place. She completed four back-to-back par scores from the 14th hole to the 17th.

The Eagles will head back to the course at the Sonoma State Invite in Rohnert Park, California for another two-day event from Oct. 14-15.