Athlete of the Week: Baseball’s Larson Kindreich

Freshman pitching star earns PacWest weekly award.

Freshman phenomenon pitcher Larson Kindreich has excelled over the last portion of the Eagles’ 2019 season. His talents were shown particularly in one of the Eagles’ most recent games. Kindreich threw a one-hit shutout victory (8-0) against the Concordia University Eagles on April 27, granting him the honors of the PacWest weekly award alongside teammate sophomore Jackson Collins.

Kindreich allowed for only one hit during his seven-inning shutout against CUI. To expand on his dominance from the plate, Kindreich also struck out nine batters and sent 16 batters in a row back to the dugout.

The young pitcher has been impactful in contributing to his team’s 27-18 winning record. Kindreich looks to continue his stellar performance from the hill in the Eagles’ upcoming games for the remainder of the season.

Kindreich is a new face to Eagles baseball, but he has made his presence known throughout this season through his powerful pitching, and for that, he has earned the title of Chimes Athlete of the Week.

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Andi Basista
Andi Basista, News Editor
Andi Basista is a senior journalism major who loves basketball, underground music and is highly appreciative of a good beach day. [email protected]  Originally from a small farm town in Ohio, I have put aside my corn shucking gloves to embrace a new life in the Angel City to study sports journalism. It is true what they say about culture shock and LA traffic. I am used to being late to work because of getting stuck behind a John Deere tractor, but now it is because of gridlock on the I5. However, I have quickly adjusted to the city life and haven’t looked back since. I moved from the midwest out to Los Angeles over two years ago. Since then my life has changed in big ways. I have learned the importance of pursuing my dreams in order to make them a reality. Sports have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. From the time I was able to stand up on my own, there was always a ball in my hand. Basketball quickly became my MO. I was involved in multiple athletic organizations, traveling on AAU teams and playing my way through my middle and high school league. My passion for the sport is what inspired me to pursue a career in sports journalism. Being at a place like Biola that has an abundance of opportunities has allowed me to expand from my small-town roots, and that is something I am truly thankful for.