Track and field excel at the Bryan Clay Invite

The Eagles show their strength in a three-day invite between multiple schools.

Photo Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Photo Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Photo Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Andi Basista, Deputy Sports Editor

The Eagles have travelled all around LA in the past few days. From Azusa Pacific University to Cal State Los Angeles University to Cal State Long Beach University, Biola has made their presence be known. The end of the three-day long invitational finished at APU in the Bryan Clay Invite.

RECORD BREAKERS

Junior Paige LaBare finished the 100-meter 45th overall, beating her own record with a new time of :12.14. She carried along that same energy into the 200m race, finishing 72nd with a time of :25.24.

LaBare was not the only Eagle for the women to set personal-bests. Heidi Sowers placed 49th in the 100m hurdles with a time of :15.04. Sophomore Hannah Hubbard set her personal-best in the long jump, placing 40th with a mark of 5.52m. She took that time and beat it in the triple jump with a mark of 11.46m, putting her in 34th place.

Junior Shannon Howell and freshman Clara Haynes both excelled in the 1,500m. Howell finished 90th with her collegiate-best time of 4:45.13 while Haynes finished 96th, beating her previous time and setting a new personal best at 4:45.91.

CONTINUED DOMINATION

The men did not disappoint either. Sophomore Ryan St. Pierre ended his 1,500m distance run with a time of 3:56.75 which was a collegiate-best for Pierre. Freshman Mathias Davis finished the 400m with set his season-best time of :49.61. Junior J’Vaughn Singleton ended the triple jump in 31st with a season-best of 13.64. He then proceeded to dominated the 110m hurdles with a time of :15.46, earning him the 40th spot.

The Eagles will hit the track again on April 26-27 at APU to compete in the two-day long PacWest Championships Invite.

Andi Basista, Deputy Sports Editor

Andi Basista is a sophomore journalism major with a concentration in writing and publishing. She enjoys spending her time at the beach, exploring new parts of LA, and going to concerts with friends.

Hi, my name is Andrea Basista, but most people call me Andi. I’m from a small farm town in Ohio where there is just about as many cows and chickens as people. My time in the midwest was filled by husking corn and playing year round basketball with friends and family. I began my love for sports...