The Lent Project 2019 makes a spiritual impact on subscribers

The Center for Christianity Culture and the Arts offers daily online devotionals for the season of Lent.

Picasa

Emily Law, Freelance Writer

As Lent season comes to a close, the Center for Christianity Culture and the Arts finishes its sixth year of the Lent Project. The daily online devotionals speak to the project’s roughly 38,000 subscribers through Scripture, art, poetry and music.

This year, the Lent series was offered from March 6 to April 27. Each devotional contains an art piece centered around a daily Scripture passage, with classical music playing over the image. There is also a poem, message and prayer for each day.

“Through the projects, we also hope that our readers gain a renewed appreciation of the role that the arts can have in a life of worship and faith,” said Nila Osline, CCCA Communications Coordinator in an email.

According to Osline, the CCCA has received many emails from subscribers who thank CCCA for the unique ways the devotionals offer encouragement for Lent.

We have gotten messages from those who have used the devotions to help them walk through illnesses, to encourage family members and friends and to reconnect with their faith in a new way,” Osline said in an email.

The series was started by former CCCA Communications Coordinator Barry Krammes in response to President Barry Corey’s wish to have a campus-wide devotional series. This vision has allowed many of the devotionals to be written by faculty members and alumni as the Biola community prepares for Easter.

“Our hope is that students, faculty, and staff, as well as our subscribers, use the devotional project as a means of setting aside time in their busy schedules to reflect upon the focal point of our faith: the sacrifice, death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,” Osline said in an email.