Athlete of the Break: Men’s Basketball’s Trevor Treinen

The senior has upped his game, leading the Eagles offensively in three wins over the break.

Senior guard Trevor Treinen [1] looks to pass the ball during an Eagles home game against Point Loma on Jan. 2, 2019.

Courtesy of George Rodriguez/Biola Athletics

Joel Ashor, Sports Editor

While most students were enjoying the last few days of break, men’s basketball climbed to over .500 in PacWest conference play in Northern California. The Eagles picked up victories at Notre Dame de Namur University, Academy of Art University and Dominican University, thanks in large part to the play of senior guard Trevor Treinen.

Treinen got off to a hot start in the first game, recording 16 points and five assists to lead the offense to an 82-54 blowout win at Notre Dame de Namur on Jan. 5.  

Taking on Academy of Art two days later, Treinen kicked his scoring into another gear, tallying 23 points in a 62-54 win.

In their matchup on Jan. 10 at Dominican, Treinen posted his season high with 26 points as Biola picked up their third consecutive win 75-66.

For his excellent efforts leading the Eagles to three straight victories and one of their best stretches since joining the PacWest, Treinen is the Chimes Athlete of the Break.