Crime Log ― Oct. 23 – Oct. 31

Petty theft, disturbing the peace, property damage and vandalism make up this week’s crime log.

Isabelle Thompson, News Editor

Petty Theft ― Library

Reported Oct. 23, 10:59 p.m., occurred between 10:40 p.m. and 10:57 p.m.

A student reported their unlocked scooter stolen. The case was not referred to the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department but remains active.

Disturbing the Peace ― Hope Hall

Reported Oct. 23, 11:31 p.m.

A student reported students playing basketball on the basketball court during the quiet hours. The students had left by the time the officer arrived.

Vandalism ― El Espejo Road  

Reported Oct. 24 8:54 p.m., occurred between Oct. 23, 10:08 p.m. and Oct. 24, 8:15 a.m.

A student reported that the window on their locked vehicle had been smashed. Nothing was reported stolen from the vehicle. The incident was referred to LASD and remains active.

Vandalism ― Hope Hall

Reported Oct. 24, occurred Oct. 24 between 8:40 p.m. and 8:52 p.m.

A student reported graffiti in the form of sharpie markings on the restroom wall. Campus Safety cleared the incident.

Disturbing the Peace ― Alpha Hall

Reported Oct. 24, 11:33 p.m.

A student reported other students playing loud music and shouting. Officers responded but were not able to locate the source of the noise.

Vandalism ― Bookstore Restrooms

Reported Oct. 25, 8:45 a.m., occurred prior to Oct. 25, 8:45 a.m.

A bookstore employee reported graffiti in the form of sharpie markings on the bookstore restroom wall. The incident was cleared.

Disturbing the Peace ― Sigma Hall  

Reported Oct. 26, 1:57 a.m.

A student reported loud yelling and singing nearby. Campus Safety responded yet was not able to locate the source of the noise as it stopped prior to the officer’s arrival. No further action was taken.

Petty Theft ― Tropicana Apartments

Reported Oct. 26, 4:15 p.m., occurred between Oct. 21, 1 p.m. and Oct. 26, 9 a.m.

A student reported their personal items stolen, including the keys to their car. It is unclear if the items were taken from the student’s locked vehicle or from another source. The case was not referred to the LASD but remains active.

Vehicle Theft ― Metzger Pit

Reported Oct. 26, 4:49, occurred between Sept. 21, 2:00 p.m. and Oct. 26, 4:49 p.m.

A staff member reported a golf cart stolen. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation and this incident has been referred to the LASD.

Hit and Run: Property Damage ― Lot E (Library)

Reported Oct. 27, 4:49 p.m., occurred between Oct. 20, 8 p.m. and Oct. 25, 6 p.m.

A student reported damage to their vehicle’s fender. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation but a report was not filed with the LASD.

Disturbing the Peace ― Hope Hall

Reported Oct. 28, 1:02 a.m.

A resident reported students roughhousing in the hallway. Campus Safety made contact with the individuals and made them stop. No further action was necessary.

Trespassing ― Campus Safety Administration Office

Reported Oct. 28, 11:27 a.m.

A Campus Safety employee reported an individual trespassing outside the Campus Safety administration office. Personnel made contact with the individual, who had no business being on campus, and had them leave.

Trespassing ― Horton Hall

Reported Oct. 28, 11:52 p.m.

A student reported an individual who followed a group of students into Horton Hall. Officers made contact with the individual and gave them an official trespassing warning. The individual was escorted off campus.

Trespassing ― Sigma Hall

Reported Oct. 29, 12:18 p.m.

A student reported a different individual who had followed a group of students into Sigma Hall. Officers made contact with the individual, who had no business being on campus. Campus Safety escorted the individual off of campus.

Petty Theft ― Talbot East

Reported Oct. 30, 2:55 p.m., occurred between Oct. 27, 2 p.m. and Oct. 29, 12 p.m.

A student reported their locked bike stolen. Campus Safety and the LASD are continuing the investigation.

Hit and Run: Property Damage ― Lot B

Reported Oct. 30, 5:13 p.m., occurred Oct. 30, between 8:10 a.m. and 5:10 p.m.

A staff member reported damage to their vehicle. The car was intact when they left it and received damage by the time they returned. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

Trespassing ― University Drive

Reported Oct. 30, 5:31 p.m.

An officer observed an individual walking onto campus who had previously been warned for trespassing. A Campus Safety officer made contact with the individual and asked them to leave without further incident.

Disturbing the Peace ― Blackstone Hall

Reported Oct. 31, 12:07 a.m.

A resident reported people being loud and a banging noise. Campus Safety responded but was not able to locate the exact source of the sounds. The officer made contact with students in the hall’s kitchen and asked them to quiet down.