One confirmed dead in shooting spree in La Mirada

After carjacking in Pico Rivera, two suspects go on shooting spree in La Mirada-Whittier area.

Alondra Urizar/THE CHIMES

Alondra Urizar, Writer

Two suspects of a deadly shooting spree in La Mirada and Whittier are still at large as the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department continue their search for them.

Campus safety sent out notifications at 4:40 p.m., 5:10 p.m. and 6:58 p.m. on April 29, warning of a Hispanic male and Hispanic female suspects in a green Nissan Pathfinder. At least three vehicles on Alicante and Santa Gertrudes have their windows shot out.

One man has been confirmed dead while an unconfirmed amount of victims have been sent to the hospital.

The incident began in Pico Rivera where reports of a carjacking came in, according to Sgt. Vincent Plair of the LASD. The shooting spree followed in Whittier, Norwalk and possibly Pico Rivera, according to KTLA.

Biola Campus Safety urged returning students to enter on Rosecrans and Biola Ave. or stay away from the area.

The notification sent out at 6:58 PM that while the campus is safe, the LASD has found the suspect vehicle at Mayberry Park in Whittier. Eastbound La Mirada Blvd. will remain closed off for a considerable amount of time. Deployed Campus Safety officers will continue to guard the campus until further notice.

This is a developing story, please check back later for more updates.