Crime Log: Dec. 18 ― Jan. 31

Possession of marijuana and petty theft make up this week’s crime log.

Alondra Urizar, Writer

Petty Theft ― Lot G

Dec. 20, 6:43 a.m.

An individual was seen on camera stealing a bicycle. Campus Safety called the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department and the individual was arrested. The bike was retrieved and returned to its owner.

Petty Theft ― Blackstone Hall

Reported Jan. 8, occurred between Jan. 1, 5:30 p.m. and Jan. 4, 11:00 a.m.

A locked bicycle was reported stolen from the bike rack in front of Blackstone. The theft was reported to the LASD.

Trespassing ― Lot G

Jan. 12, 6:23 p.m.

An officer noticed an individual and when confronted, learned the individual had been banned from campus. They were given a warning about trespassing and were told not to return. The individual left without further incident.

Burglary ― 14540 San Cristobal Dr. (Rancho Campus)

Jan. 13, 9:50 a.m.

An individual noticed a burglar stealing a purse from a vehicle. The owner was contacted and filed a report with the LASD. The purse has yet to be found and the investigation is ongoing.

Vandalism ― Caf

Reported Jan. 25, occurred between Jan. 21, 4:00 p.m. and Jan. 26, 4:07 p.m.

A name was written in marker in a restroom. Facilities management was called and cleaned it.

Trespassing ― Lot C

Jan. 26, 4:46 p.m.

An officer noticed two individuals skateboarding on campus. They were told they were not allowed to be on campus and they left without further incident.

Vandalism ― Biola Ave.

Jan. 28, 9:13 a.m.

A vehicle parked on Biola Ave. had its window smashed. Campus Safety assisted the individual in filing a report with the LASD.

Disturbing the Peace ― Sigma Hall

Jan. 29, 3:16 a.m.

A student filed a noise complaint about people jumping up and down on a floor above. An officer investigated but was unable to locate the source of the noise.

Possession of Marijuana ― Sigma Hall

Jan. 30, 12:22 a.m.

Student Development reported a student who possessed marijuana to Campus Safety for an investigation. After the investigation, the student was referred back to Student Development.

Petty Theft ― Sigma Hall

Reported Jan. 31, occurred between Dec. 15, 8:00 p.m. and Jan. 31, 4:00 p.m.

A student returned from winter break to find their bicycle had been stolen from the bike rack outside of Sigma. The student filed a report with the LASD and the investigation is ongoing.