Eagles end November even

After a win against Montana Tech and a loss to Cal Poly Pomona, the Eagles stay positive with a 4-3 overall record.

Keaton Moore, Writer

Since their victory against the Montana Tech Diggers on Nov. 20, the Eagles’ record remained the same after losing to the Cal Poly Pomona Mustangs on Nov. 24. Despite losing their most recent game, Biola has maintained a winning record of 4-3 so far in the season.

A NAIL-BITER

Their match against the Diggers was a nail-biter as the Eagles overcame Montana Tech 74-71. The Eagles’ offense scored 37 points by halftime, which gave them a five point lead going into the second half. However, the Diggers struck back in the fourth quarter and managed to gain the lead twice. The 21 points the Eagles scored in the fourth quarter was enough for them to scrap out a three point victory over the diggers.

LAST LOSS

The Eagles’ last loss was at the hands of the Chapman University Panthers on Nov. 17, two games before their loss to Cal Poly. Biola kept a good pace against the Mustangs in the first half of the game, leading them by three at the end of the first quarter, but lost the lead in the second quarter after scoring only eight points. Although the 24 points they scored in the fourth quarter brought them close to overtaking Cal Poly, in the end the Eagles dropped their third game of the season to the Mustangs 51-61.

Besides only scoring one point in the match against Cal Poly, sophomore guard DeMoria White scored 25 points in the 29 minutes she played against the Diggers. Her 25 points is the highest number of points an Eagle has made in a single game so far in the season. White now has three games in which she has scored over 20 points. These contribute to the 96 total points she has made since the start of the season.

In the past two games, sophomore guard Danielle Kennedy and senior forward Taylor Casey have showed off their offensive strength. Kennedy scored 18 against Montana Tech and added another 10 against Cal Poly, totalling 28 points in the last two games. Likewise, Casey scored 15 points combined in the games against Cal Poly and Montana Tech.

COMING UP

On Dec. 5, the Eagles will have their first Golden State Athletic Conference match-up against San Diego Christian College. Although they finished towards the bottom of the GSAC rankings last year, San Diego has gone 5-2 so far in the 2015-2016 season.

With upcoming GSAC match-ups on the horizon, the Eagles’ next game is against the University of Redlands on Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.