Biola did not outlast Mustangs

The Eagles were unable to keep lead and dropped their third game to Cal Poly Pomona.

Biola did not outlast Mustangs

| /THE CHIMES

| /THE CHIMES

| /THE CHIMES

| /THE CHIMES

Keaton Moore, Writer

Near the end of their five game homestand, the Eagles took the court against the Cal Poly Pomona Mustangs on Nov. 24. They lost to Cal Poly, which dropped the Eagles’ overall record to 4-3 and gave the Mustangs their first game of the season.

The Eagles outscored the Mustangs early in the game and led 13-10 after the first quarter. However, the Eagles were unable to maintain their lead after scoring eight in the second quarter. By the end of the first half, the Mustangs led the Eagles 28-21.

The Eagles’ misfortune continued into the third quarter, and trailed the Mustangs by 27-44. Biola showed signs of a potential comeback in the fourth, but their 24 points were not enough. In the end, the Mustangs beat the Eagles 61-51.

Sophomore guard DeMoria White, who only made one point against Cal Poly, still holds the most points made on the Eagles with 96. After her double digit night, sophomore Danielle Kennedy added 10 more points against the Mustangs and has 86 total season points. Through the first seven games freshman forward Sara Dougan has made 48 points, the last 10 of which she scored during the game against Cal Poly.

After Thanksgiving, the women’s basketball team come back to Biola to face off against the University of Redlands Bulldogs on Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m.