Men’s soccer earns first win in GSAC

The team earns a big conference win against San Diego Christian College.

Marika Adamopoulos

Senior Stephen Tanquary persevers towards the ball in the game against San Diego Christian College. Biola left the field with their first Golden State Athletic Conference victory of the season. | Matthew Maitz/THE CHIMES

Jack Finck, Writer

San Diego Christian College traveled to Biola for both team’s second conference game of the season. Thanks to two goals scored in the first half, Biola left the field with their first Golden State Athletic Conference victory of the season.

Teamwork

Nine minutes into the game, senior defender Carlos Cristhian Aparicio scored his first goal of the season. The goal came off of a through ball from senior midfielder John Hascom that Aparicio fired to the back post.  

The Eagles added onto their lead 20 minutes after their first goal. Sophomore forward Keaton Kerr set up senior midfielder Joey O’Keefe, who powered the ball past the Hawk’s goalkeeper. O’keefe leads the team with five goals scored this season.

Saving Shots

Biola held San Diego scoreless throughout the whole game. Senior goalkeeper J.T. Addington saved all four shots placed on the Eagles’ net for his fourth shutout of the year.

The Eagles now hold a season record of 5-3-1 while being 1-0-1 in conference. This most recent win moves them up to third in GSAC and bumps San Diego Christian College to fourth. Biola’s next matchup is against Westmont College at home on Sept. 29.