Crime Log: March 18, 2014

Disturbing the peace and petty thefts make up this week’s crime log.

Campus Safety Chief John Ojeisekhoba and his crew of officers put on equipment in preparation for the active shooter drill held on Wednesday, August 14. The drill coordinated with SWAT and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department to prepare officers for any situation. The increased security in chapel is part of Ojeisekhoba’s plan to make Biola as safe as possible. | Courtesy of Campus Safety

Augusta McDonnell, Writer

Disturbing the Peace — Hope Hall

March 11 at 9:53 p.m.

Students were reported playing a video game loudly in Hope Hall. An officer made contact and told them to keep it down. The students complied.

Disturbing the Peace — Crowell Hall

March 12 at 1:09 a.m.

Neighbors reported loud drumming coming from Crowell Hall after hours. An officer made contact and told the drummer to keep it down, and he complied.

Disturbing the Peace — Thompson Hall

March 13 at 1:08 a.m.

Students on the first floor reported loud stomping on the floor above them. An officer made contact and told them to stop. The loud stompers complied.

Petty Theft — The Caf

March 14 at 10:59 a.m.

A student reported having property left outside the Caf stolen during lunch. The theft is under investigation.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — Parking Structure (Lot S)

Reported on March 14; occurred between March 11 at 12 p.m. and March 14 at 3:05 p.m. 

A vehicle parked in the Lot S structure was scraped, a student reported. The damage is under investigation.

Petty Theft — Hope Hall

March 16, 9:47 p.m.

A student reported their deer head that had been mounted on the wall was stolen sometime earlier that evening. The property was later discovered in the restroom by an officer. The case is closed.