Crime Log: Dec. 10, 2013 – Feb. 3, 2014

Interterm was filled with a string of crimes and minor offenses.

Campus Safety Chief John Ojeisekhoba and his crew of officers put on equipment in preparation for the active shooter drill held on Wednesday, August 14. The drill coordinated with SWAT and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department to prepare officers for any situation. The increased security in chapel is part of Ojeisekhoba’s plan to make Biola as safe as possible. | Courtesy of Campus Safety

Augusta McDonnell, Writer

Petty Theft — Tradewinds Apartments
Reported on Dec. 10, 2013; occurred between Nov. 18, 2013 at 12 p.m. and Nov. 25, 2013 at 7 a.m.

A student reported a bike stolen to Campus Safety. The theft is still under investigation.

Disturbing the Peace — Lido Apartments
Dec. 14, 2013, 10:06 p.m.

An officer responded to a complaint about loud music playing in Lido Apartments. The complaint was resolved.

Disturbing the Peace — Tropicana Apartments
Dec. 15, 2013, 10:22 p.m.

Officers responded to a complaint about loud music in Tropicana Apartments. The complaint was resolved.

Petty Theft — Production Center
Reported on Dec. 17, 2013; occurred on Dec. 16, 2013 between 9 p.m. and 12:30 a.m.

A student reported that personal property left in the production center was taken. The investigation is still open.

Dec. 17, 2013, 10:36 p.m.

Officers responded to a noise complaint about a car in the courtyard. The car had left by the time officers arrived.

Disturbing the Peace — Sigma Hall
Dec. 18, 2013, 12:43 a.m.

A student reported loud noises coming from the room above them. An officer made contact after the noise had stopped.

Petty Theft — Mailboxes

Reported on Dec. 19, 2013; occurred between the end of November and prior to Dec. 1, 2013

A student reported that a bicycle by the SUB mailboxes was taken. The investigation remains open.

Hit and Run — Lot A (Myers Hall)
Reported on Dec. 26, 2013; occurred on Dec. 20, 2013 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

A student reported damage to their vehicle while parked in Lot A discovered upon arriving home. The damage is under investigation.

Petty Theft — Chase Gymnasium
Dec. 31, 2013, between 11:30 a.m. and 12:05 p.m.

A student reported that items were taken from their backpack while it was left unattended in Chase Gymnasium. The theft is under investigation.

Vandalism — Rancho Campus
Jan. 4, prior to 9:36 a.m.

Large scratches were discovered on the exterior doors of the building. The vandalism is still under investigation.

Battery — Lot D (Visitor)
Reported on Jan. 4; occurred on Jan. 3 at 9:35 p.m.

A visitor attending a Biola basketball game reported a confrontation between them and another non-Biola individual attending the game. The crime was referred to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Grand Theft — Hope Hall
Reported on Jan 7; occurred between Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. and Dec. 1, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.

A student reported their locked bicycle had been stolen. The theft is under investigation.

Petty Theft — Lot D (Visitor)
Jan. 7, between 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.

A spool of cable was reported as being taken from a university cart parked in Lot D, but was discovered later. The investigation is closed.

Vandalism — Crowell Hall
Jan. 7, prior to 2:57 p.m.

Initials were discovered etched into a dispenser in a Crowell Hall restroom. The vandalism is still under investigation.

Petty Theft — Library
Jan. 8, between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.

A student reported that items left in the library were taken while left unattended. The theft is still under investigation.

Disturbing the Peace — La Mirada Apartments
Jan. 19, 7:10 p.m.

A student reported shouting and jumping coming from an above floor apartment. An officer made contact and discovered the students were watching a football game. The complaint was resolved.

Jan. 20, 8:09 p.m.

The student again reported shouting and jumping coming from an above floor apartment. An officer discovered the students were watching another football game. The complaint was once again resolved.

Vandalism — Rancho Campus
Jan. 22, prior to 3:04 p.m.

Initials and symbols drawn in marker were discovered on Campus property signs.The vandalism is still under investigation.

Disturbing the Peace — Hope Hall
Jan. 23, 11:51 p.m.

An officer responded to a noise complaint in the hallways of Hope Hall. When they arrived the noise had stopped, and they were unable to locate the source of the complaint.

Hit and Run — Business Building
Jan. 24, prior to 1:41 p.m.

Facilities Services reported a light pole that had been damaged by a vehicle. The damage is under investigation.

Trespassing — Lot M (Horton)
Jan. 31, 11:15 a.m.

Non-Biola individuals cutting through campus on bicycles were approached by an officer and asked to leave.

Vandalism — Rancho Campus
Feb. 2, prior to 8:56 a.m.

More markings tied to the Jan. 22 vandalism were discovered and reported.

Petty Theft — Hart Hall
Feb. 3; occurred between Feb. 2 and Feb. 3 at 9:51 p.m.

A student reported a theft to Campus Safety.

Trespassing — Tradewinds Apartments
Feb. 4, 10:32 a.m.

Campus Safety responded to surveillance of an individual checking car doors in the parking lot. Officers approached the suspect who refused to cooperate and dove through the window of the officers’ car. After warning the suspect, an officer deployed his Taser. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department took the suspect into custody.