Men’s soccer shuts out ACU on senior night

Thanks to goals from John Hanscom, Scott Hayes, Daniel Chew, and Joey O’Keefe, the Eagles continued their winning streak with a 6-0 win at home against Arizona Christian.

Senior Daniel Chew fends off the Arizona Christian defense during the game on October 29. Chew made his 14th goal of the season on his last home game of his Biola soccer career. | Kalli Thommen/THE CHIMES

Tyler Gunhus, Writer

Looking for revenge from an early October loss in Scottsdale, Ariz. the Eagles came out Tuesday night and beat down Arizona Christian University, 6-0.

No. 22 Biola proved they deserved their national respect, racking up 30 shots throughout the match, while only allowing the Firestorm to take one.

Seniors Daniel Chew and Scott Hayes made the most of their final regular season home game, each tallying in the 6-0 rout. Chew notched his team leading 14th goal of the season, and Hayes scored his first of the season.

Sophomore midfielder John Hanscom had a terrific night as well, scoring his fourth goal of the season as well as picking up two assists. Hanscom’s goal came seven minutes into the game when he grabbed a rebound in front of goal and slammed it home.

The Eagles continued to fire off shots for the next half hour, but were unable to find the back of the net. Hayes got things going again for the Eagles when he scored just two minutes before half.

Biola came into the second half carrying the momentum from Hayes’ goal. Following a score from sophomore midfielder Marshall Deogracia in the 47th minute, Hanscom sent a cross into the box, and Chew tapped it in.

Sophomore midfielder Joey O’Keefe scored a brace of goals midway through the second half to solidify the win.

Biola goalkeeper and sophomore JT Addington earned his 9th shutout of the season without having to make a single save all night. The Eagles are currently on a 360 minute shutout streak and in the past four games have outscored their opponents 14-0.

The Eagles will finish out their regular season at 3 p.m. this Saturday in Santa Clarita when they take on The Master’s College.