AS Senate Rundown: Oct. 10, 2013

Custom frisbees and museum trips were passed in last week’s AS senate meeting.

Grant Walter/THE CHIMES

unknown

Grant Walter/THE CHIMES

Dayna Drum, Writer

Intramural frisbees

This week’s AS senate meeting began with a proposal from intramural coordinator Kyle Kinney for custom intramural frisbees. He proposed for $900 which would cover the cost of a hundred frisbees. Biola intramurals currently does not have their own frisbees, and this amount would allow for growth.

“We would love to keep building Biola intramural frisbee,” Kinney said.

The senate did same day voting, and the proposal was unanimously approved. The custom frisbees will be printed with Biola’s logo and name and the extras will be sold for $15 each.

Museum trip

Next the senate heard from junior business administration major Evan McGee about taking a group of students to the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles. McGee proposed this trip at the last open proposal day and the senate denied it. He defended his proposal at this week’s meeting and addressed concerns that caused the senate to initially not pass the proposal.

The main concern that the senate had was that the trip was limited to forty people and would exclude other interested students. McGee explained that this first trip may lead to others in the future, and he had limited the number solely based on practicality.

McGee made a new proposal for the same amount of $438 for tickets to the Museum of Tolerance, and the senate voted in favor of the trip.

Announcements

Alpha is still collecting candy for Candyland with buckets outside of each dorm.

There will be no senate meeting next week due to Torrey Conference.