Lacrosse falls to Pepperdine in conference matchup

The Eagles’ 15-8 defeat drops their record to 1-1 in Southwestern Lacrosse Conference Division II play.

Anders Corey, Writer

The Biola men’s lacrosse team’s struggles continued Saturday against Pepperdine University, losing 15-8 in their second Southwestern Lacrosse Conference Division II match of the season. The loss evened their conference record to 1-1 after their victory against Marymount College on Feb. 23.

The Waves got off to a hot start in the match, outscoring the Eagles 5-1 in the first period and Biola could never catch up. In the second period, Pepperdine extended their lead to 8-3 at the halfway mark of the match.

In the second half, the Eagles were able to hang even at the beginning with the Waves with both teams scoring five times in the third quarter making it 15-8. This is all the scoring Biola would do as they were held scoreless in the fourth period. Pepperdine added two more goals in the fourth period to finish off the match.

Senior Robert Welty scored three goals for Biola, raising his season total to six. Sophomore Josh Nordstrom tallied two goals, raising his total to five on the year with 16 points.

Pepperdine’s Daniel Blakely scored seven goals and added two assists to collect nine points on the match.

Biola has an overall record of 1-7 as they near the halfway point of their season.