Crime Log: Nov. 29, 2012

The crime log for the week of Nov. 29 includes a reported rape and the arrest of a non-Biolan man who ate at the Caf without paying.

Katie Nelson, Writer

Reported Rape — Hope Hall

Reported Oct. 14, logged Nov. 15

A non-Biola student reported to Campus Safety that a student was raped earlier last month. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the allegations were false.

“When contacted by Campus Safety for further investigation, the alleged student victim informed Campus Safety that the alleged incident did not occur,” Campus Safety public information officer Justin Shelby wrote in an email. “Under the Clery Act, Campus Safety is required to disclose all crimes and alleged crimes reported to the department, even if the allegations are not true.”

The case was cleared after the incident was declared null.

Disturbing the peace — Production Center

Nov. 15, 11:04 p.m.

A noise complaint was reported to Campus Safety by an individual living near Biola. The individuals at fault were warned and the case was cleared.

Petty theft — Caf

Nov. 17, 6:05 p.m.

Caf workers called Campus Safety to report that a non-Biolan man ate at the Caf and left without paying. The individual has been known to do this in the past and was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Petty theft — Hart Hall

Nov. 17, 8 p.m.

A bicycle was reported stolen to Campus Safety. The item has not been recovered and officers are still investigating the incident.

Vandalism — Roma Drive and Figueras Road

Nov. 17, 10:40 p.m.

Graffiti on the outside wall by Hart Hall was reported to Campus Safety. The perpetrator has not been caught and the case is still being investigated.

Trespassing — Rosecrans Apartment 1

Nov. 19, 1:35 p.m.

A person on the apartment grounds was reported to Campus Safety as trespassing. Officers determined the individual did not have a valid purpose for being on the property and told them to leave. Campus Safety declined to give further details as to why the individual was suspicious and cleared the case.

Petty theft — Caf

Nov. 26, 7:30 a.m.

An ID card was reported as stolen, but was later recovered by the individual. Campus Safety cleared the case.