Point Loma tops women’s basketball

The Biola Eagles lost to Point Loma Nazarene University on Saturday in San Diego.

Daniel Diaz

Senior Jamie Elias – Ashleigh Fox/THE CHIMES

Brieana Jordan, Writer

In San Diego, the Biola women’s basketball team fell short to Point Loma Nazarene University, losing 59-46 Saturday night, and are now 2-3 overall in the season.

Biola was behind throughout the first half, only able to tie the score at 9-9 with 14:27 left on the clock. Point Loma would go on a 13-2 run to make the score 22-11. The Eagles, better known for being a defensive team, were held to 21.2 percent in shooting from the field.

The Sea Lions led at the half 26-18.

Going into the second half, the Sea Lions remained in the lead by as many as 18 points. Biola tried to catch up in score, but Point Loma proved victorious as they won by 18 points with a final score of 59-41.

The Eagles were held to an overall 25.7 field goal percentage with junior Adijat Adams contributing seven points and three rebounds. Sophomore Chelsea Hill added four points and eight rebounds, senior Becca Devere with five points and nine rebounds, and senior Jamie Elias finished with eight points.

The Eagles will take on Bethesda University of California in a home game on Monday, Nov. 19 at 7:30 p.m.

Battling Bethesda, senior Jamie Elias pushes toward the net. | Ashleigh Fox/THE CHIMES