Food truck dubbed “Soaring Eagle” continues receiving finishing touches

The Bon Appétit food truck, “Soaring Eagle,” is entering the final stages of preparation as the launch date approaches.

Courtesy | Bon Appetit

Jeff Koch, Writer

Courtesy | Bon Appetit

Soaring Eagle — the official name for the new Biola food truck to be operated by Bon Appétit Management Company — is entering the final stages of preparation before its debut. The anticipated launch date for Soaring Eagle is Nov. 12.

In the past weeks, the truck was retrofitted to fit the needs of Bon Appétit and approved for use by the Los Angeles County Health Department. All that remains to be done is to have the truck “wrapped” — to have the final design applied to the truck’s exterior, according to Auxiliary Operations manager Carolyn White. The truck is currently at the shop getting its wrap applied. The menu has been finalized and also approved by the LA County Health Department, and the team staffing the truck has been selected.

Final menu to feature wide variety of ethnic food

The final menu, provided to the Chimes by Bon Appétit Biola’s general manager Steve Rall, is diverse and exotic, and skews toward Asian-inspired dishes. In addition to a cheese-stuffed turkey burger and a few different preparations of fish taco, a host of noodle bowls, spring rolls and Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches will be on offer. Fresh Thai tea will also quench accompanying thirsts. 

The name of the truck as well as its final design were determined through contests. The winning design was submitted by sophomore cinema and media arts major Courtney Coker, who also won a $1,000 scholarship. Sophomore undeclared major Josh Nordstrom, freshman business major Eva Kong, sophomore human biology major Cameron Henry and sophomore undeclared major Locy Durant all submitted “Soaring Eagle,” the winning name, on the same day and will split the $100 prize.

Testing continues as launch date approaches

On Friday, Bon Appétit will test their point of sale equipment, which allows customers to use credit cards to pay. Other methods of payment accepted are flex dollrs, staff and student dollars and cash.

The truck can be followed on Twitter with the handle @BUSoaringEagle or through Facebook. Orders will also be taken through Tapingo.

On Nov. 12, University Marketing and Communications hopes to have a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the launch of the latest arm of Biola’s food service partnership with Bon Appétit.