AS Senate Rundown: Sept. 18, 2012

Senators passed two pending proposals and heard one new proposal to create a paid position for the clubs coordinator assistant.

Grant Walter/THE CHIMES

unknown

Grant Walter/THE CHIMES

Kristina Nishi and Kristina Nishi

PENDING

• Associated Students club coordinator Brett Kobold requested the creation of a paid position for his assistant. The current position is volunteer work only, and the hourly wage will go into the payroll account. Kobold’s assistant has worked five to six hours a week this semester and helps with managing data, as well as making things run more smoothly for him. Two-thirds of the Senate, as well as the payroll committee, will need to pass this, since it will be a change to the constitution.

PASSED

• Senators unanimously passed Off Campus Community senator sophomore Jacquelyn Mota’s request for money to use for an iPod Classic and a Medal Sports Magic Golf Toss game. The proposal was revised from $680.67 to $225, since the purchase of an iPod touch was decided on over the previously chosen iPod classic, so that the new iPod would have Wi-Fi connectivity to save on music costs. OCC will use the items to build community.

• Senators unanimously passed Emerson senator sophomore Evan McGee’s proposal for funds for the dorm’s weekend camping retreat known as Mount Emerson. The money will go to fees for the campsite, food and camping gear. This retreat is a yearly tradition for them.

“Not only do we grow spiritually, but we also have fun,” McGee said.  “I feel like this is something worthy that we could spend our money on.”