AS Senate Rundown: Sept. 11, 2012

The senate passed one proposal regarding the fall concert and heard one requesting funding for Good Morning Off Campus Community.

Grant Walter/THE CHIMES

unknown

Grant Walter/THE CHIMES

Kristina Nishi and Kristina Nishi

PENDING

• Sophomore Off Campus Community senator Jacquelyn Mota requested $680.87 for Good Morning Off Campus Community supplies, which includes an iPod Classic, Bose sound system, iTunes card and the Medal Sports Magic Golf Toss game. OCC will use the items to build community and help students get to know their senators and each other.

PASSED

• Senators unanimously passed a proposal requesting $12,118 for a venue change for the fall concert taking place on Oct. 26. Originally, the concert was supposed to take place in Chase Gymnasium, but was moved to Metzger Lawn because the gym will not be open in time for events services to set up. This change has added to the overall cost of the concert. If the proposal had not passed, the artist would be unable to come because Biola has promised a certain number of attendees and Biola would be responsible for paying out the full contract made with the artist’s recording company.

“I believe this is one of those ‘need-to-pass’ kind of things; otherwise it’s just a ton of money down the tubes,” said junior Stewart Hall senator, Jacob Dunning.