Lacrosse beats Channel Islands to stay undefeated in conference

The men’s lacrosse team remains undefeated after an April 21 win against California State University Channel Islands.

Joseph DeClercq and Joseph DeClercq

Biola men’s lacrosse captured an undefeated Southwestern Lacrosse Conference Division II record with Saturday’s 12-6 win over California State University Channel Islands.

The Eagles finish SLC play with a perfect 5-0 record and improve to 8-3 overall. The team looks forward to SLC Division II playoffs beginning on May 5 at Westview High School in San Diego.

Offense was the highlight of this game as seven Eagles put the ball in the net. Senior captain Jeff Clark led Biola with three goals. In addition to Clark’s seventh hat trick of the season, he also notched one assist for the team lead with four points in the contest. This season Clark leads Biola with 28 goals and 47 points. Senior Marc Morgan netted two goals and added an assist for three points. Senior Jon McMahan and freshman Josh Nordstrom both added two goals each. Senior Adam Kingston and freshmen Matt Young and Riley Corbett each contributed one goal.

Senior goalkeeper Sean Lane recorded 11 saves and let six goals through.

Freshman midfielder Christopher Laurino led Channel Islands with two goals, his eighth and ninth goals of the season. He is fourth on the team in points with 18 total.