Late boost pushes Eagles over Sea Lions

The women’s basketball team earned at 15-9 overall record Friday after a win against Point Loma Nazarene University.

Alexandra Campos, Writer

The women’s basketball team bounced back from a difficult loss on Tuesday, Feb. 7, as they rolled to a 64-55 won over Point Loma Nazarene University on Friday, Feb. 11.

Double-doubles from Adams and Hill aid Eagles

Sophomore Adijat Adams scored 16 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Eagles and senior Chealsea Hill also recorded a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Seniors Charrise Reece and Lauren Gustafson also scored in double figures and Reece contributed five assists.

Biola kept the lead early in the first half but struggled to keep the lead. The Point Loma Sea Lions opened a 25-19 lead in the second half and maintained it until late in the second period. With the help of Reece, a layup by Adams tied the game at 48 with 3:18 in the game.

Late game defense leads to points in win

Biola struggled with turnovers once again, as they turned the ball over 12 times, but were able to score 16 points in the last three minutes of the game as their defense stepped up. Hill and Reece fed off each other well in the last minutes of the game which sealed the win for the Eagles.

The late run in the second half put the Eagles on top, improving their record to 15-9 overall and 7-7 in Golden State Athletic Conference. Biola will play their next three games away, starting with a game against Fresno Pacific University on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.