Biola men’s basketball defeats Arizona Christian

Arizona Christian suffered their second loss to Biola men’s basketball on Saturday, losing by nearly 30 points.

Zachary Fu, Writer

On Saturday, Nov. 26, the Biola men’s basketball team cruised to an 82-56 win against Arizona Christian University. It was the second time this season that the Eagles dominated the Firestorm by nearly 30 points. The Eagles improve to a 5-1 overall record, while the Firestorm fall to 1-5.

Arizona Christian fails to come back in second half

The Eagles got off to a strong start in the first period and headed to half-time with an impressive 42-17 lead. In the second half, the Firestorm scored more than double the points that they did in the first, but they posed no threat to Biola. The Eagles once again struggled with turnovers, mishandling the ball on 18 occasions.

Biola’s offensive play strong

Biola had a well-rounded offensive performance; almost every Eagle that played scored. Junior Andre Murillo led the way and scored a game high with 28 points and recorded his fifth double-double by also pulling down 13 rebounds.

Freshman Kyle Bailey had 12 points and 6 rebounds, and sophomore Zack Zaragoza scored 10 points to round out the double-digit scorers.

Biola prepares to enter conference play

Biola has started the season with five strong wins, but they will soon be able to show what kind of impact they will have in the Golden State Athletic Conference. The Eagles begin conference play against Vanguard University on Dec. 3 at Chase Gymnasium at 7:30p.m.