Men’s basketball cruises to victory over Arizona Christian University

The men’s basketball team won against Arizona Christian University on Saturday, Nov. 12, improving their overall record to 3-0.

Zachary Fu, Writer

Zaragoza’s 20 points help Eagles settle Firestorm in 76-49 win

The Biola men’s basketball team continued their season-opening winning streak and cruised to a 76-49 victory over Arizona Christian University on Saturday afternoon. The Eagles improved to a 3-0 overall record while Arizona Christian fell to 1-3. Sophomore Zack Zaragoza led the Eagles with 20 points and also added eight rebounds. Senior point guard Lamar Lee added 12 points and junior Chase Adams contributed 11 to round out Biola’s double-digit scorers.

Accurate shooting is difference maker in easy win

The Eagles took control of the game from the tip-off, shooting an accurate 60 percent from the field compared to Arizona Christian’s 34 percent in the first half. Biola entered half time with a 41-23 lead.

Arizona Christian slightly cut into the lead in the second half, but it was not nearly enough. They ended the game with only one player in double figures, Jared Culbert, with 10 points.

Biola dominates most aspects of game versus Arizona Christian

Biola outscored Arizona Christian in points in the paint, points off turnovers, second chance points, and fast break points. The Eagles shot a 52 percent field goal percentage for the game, but shot only 58 percent from the free-throw line.

The men’s basketball team has started the season well and seems to be improving with every game. The Eagles return to action on Nov. 14, in a home game against Holy Names University at 7:30 p.m.