Women’s volleyball loses close match against Westmont

The women’s volleyball team lost a five-set match against Westmont College on Oct. 29.

Brieana Jordan, Writer

Eagles lose Westmont in five stes

Today, the Biola women’s volleyball team lost a five set match against Westmont College 21-25, 25-11, 26-28, 25-10, and 16-18.

In the first set, Biola and Westmont were still getting used to the style of play from each other, but Westmont took the win 25-21.

Eagles dominate sets two and four

In set two, Biola proved to be dominant taking lead by 15 points towards the end of the game. The lead hitters were senior Sarah Schweiger, junior Christine Douglas and freshman Amy Weststeyn. Biola won that set 25-11.

Match three proved to be a close set with Westmont winning by two points, 28-26. Douglas had seven kills. Weststeyn was up for every block shutting Westmont down for most of their hits.

Biola clearly dominated the fourth set quickly winning 25-10. Senior Christian Woodruff had great digs especially when the score was 17-6 Biola. Weststeyn and Douglas led the team with kills and junior Rachel Buckley also contributed.

Late game struggles appear as Biola fails to close out fifth set

Both fans for Biola and Westmont were on the edge of their seats towards the end of the fifth set. Biola had three chances for match point but it was Westmont who came out victorious winning 18-16.

Biola next faces off against Point Loma Nazarene University at their gym in San Diego on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m.