Biola men’s lacrosse wins against Cal Lutheran

Biola men’s lacrosse won against Cal Lutheran Saturday, April 2, bringing their conference record up to 2-2.

unknown

Junior David Sigley plays in a winning match against Cal Lutheran on Saturday April 2, 2011. |Katie Juranek/THE CHIMES

Daniel Austell, Writer

Coming off a huge win over Marymount College Saturday, March 26, the Biola men’s lacrosse team demolished California Lutheran University 14-2 on Saturday, April 2. It was an important conference match, which now gives the Eagles a 2-2 record in the SLC.

Sophomore attackman Jeff Clark started the Eagle scoring run early in the game with a quick shot amidst defenders. After that other players opened up and let loose.

By the end of the second quarter Biola scored six goals and the Kingsmen nil. However, the Eagles played it smart when they came back on the field, pressing the Kingsmen defenders and taking careful shots.

Junior midfielder David Sigley and Clark put up two more points in the third quarter. But the Kingsmen caught some luck and got a goal past the on-fire Eagle goalie Jimmy Perdomo-Hazen.

The score was 9-1 Eagles at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Junior attackman Marc Morgan was quick to getting the scoring back on pace. Soon after, Clark scored his third for the match. Sigley took advantage of an open opportunity and tallied his second. Still, it was Clark with the final goal off an assist from senior defenseman Sean Lane.

With players like Clark, Sigley, and Perdomo-Hazen taking their game up a notch, hopefully the Eagles will continue to keep marking W’s on their record.