Women’s basketball defeats Fresno Pacific

The Eagles defeat Fresno Pacific 59-43 in away game and Biola athletes turn in impressive performances.

Zachary Fu, Writer

The Eagles cruised to a low scoring 59-43 blowout against Fresno Pacific University at the Special Events Center Tuesday night. Biola’s talented trio of seniors once again led the team. Jessilyn Conicelli continued to add to her impressive number of double-double’s, recording her 20th on the season with 16 points and 13 rebounds. It was also her 10th consecutive double-double.

Christina Barclay scored 12 points and grabbed 7 rebounds while Jennifer French had 10 points and 5 rebounds. Adding to this, freshman Adijat Adams, one of the Eagle’s role players, stepped up with a very productive performance. Adams scored 6 points on 3-6 shooting, ripped down 8 rebounds, and had a steal in only 8 minutes.

Defense key to victory

Although Biola played well offensively, the real key to the victory was their defense. The Eagles held the Sunbirds to an extremely low 23% field goal percentage for the game. To put things into perspective, Biola’s 3-point percentage stood at 28%. Senior Jessica Torrecillas was the only Sunbird to score in double figures with 19 points.

Biola’s next game will be held on Thursday, Feb. 17, against Chapman University at Chase Gymnasium. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.