Biola men’s lacrosse dominated by UCLA

The Eagles lose 14-3 to Division 1 UCLA.

Mike Villa

Sophomore attackman Mark Morgan scoops a ground ball through a UCLA defender. Morgan scored two of Biola’s three goals during the Eagles’ blowout loss to the UCLA Bruins in a non-conference game Saturday. | Kelsey Heng/THE CHIMES

Daniel Austell, Writer

It was another rough day for Biola University men’s lacrosse, as they took on another Division I team Saturday. The UCLA Bruins came out strong, maintained a solid lead, and defended their den. The final score was a painful 14-3.

The Eagles knew they were up for a challenge going into the game after last week’s season opener against Claremont left the team weary and several of the players hurt. Their goal was to control ball movement and dominate with defense. But it took the entire first half for Biola to warm up and start holding their opponent at bay. They were run over and ran tired, only able to get one point on the board. The Bruins delivered ten goals before half time, leaving plenty of catch-up work.

In the second half, the halftime rest and time to gain composure really showed itself. The Biola defense was able to tremendously cut down the Bruins’ offensive attacks, stopping their final score at 14. And fiinding a little offensive luck, the Eagles tallied two more goals. Junior attacker Marc Morgan was responsible for two of the Biola eggs, while sophomore attacker Jeff Clark claimed the third. Clark now has three goals for the season and will be one to watch on the Biola offense.