Hope hall evacuated in fire alarm

The largest residence hall on campus was evacuated Thurs. night due to smoke on one of the floors.

Michelle Hong, Writer

Smoke from an overheated light bulb in contact with a tissue box set off the fire alarm at 10:24 a.m. on Jan. 27, causing residents of Hope Hall to evacuate the premises.

Campus safety officers responded to the alarm within minutes, targeted the source of the smoke on Hope Third South and allowed most residents to return to the dormitory within the next hour. Residents of Hope Third South were restricted from entering the floor until the smoke had been aired out of the building.

Aside from a few stragglers who remained in their rooms, the evacuation process went smoothly, according to Justin Shelby, information officer for Campus Safety

0 0 votes
Article Rating