Top places to watch sports around Biola University

Looking for a place to watch the big game? Check out this list of best places to watch sports around campus.

Picture this scene for a moment. 5…4…3…2…1…ERR! Swish! The home crowd explodes with uncontrollable excitement as their star player makes the game-winning shot. The fans of the losing team stand frozen in disbelief as they continuously replay in their heads the glorious clutch performance that just ruined their night.

Now picture this. A Biola sports fan sits in his dorm, waiting desperately for his computer to load the post-game highlights of his favorite team. Thankfully, The Chimes has good news. You do not have to be that guy. The Chimes investigated to find the best places to watch sports on campus or in the area.

Junior Brian Flores says that the Downtown Disney ESPN Zone in Anaheim is the place to be for sports fans. It is located about 15 minutes away from campus. He enjoys watching sports there with his friends because of the restaurant’s vibrant atmosphere. Fans flock there hours early to get seats, especially for big games. “It gets packed with people that are having a good time, having fun. It feels like you’re at the game, even though you’re not actually there,” said Flores. The restaurant is set up with flat screen TVs everywhere so that every moment of the game is captured. The food is great and not too expensive, which is a definite thumbs up for all college students.

For those who are looking for sports on campus, there are multiple options to choose from. Sophomore Christine Choy says she likes to watch sports in the Alpha Chi lobby. In the past their big screen TV has been used to show the Super Bowl and several games of the World Cup. To attend intramural games for ultimate Frisbee, flag football, soccer, and lacrosse she suggests the turf and McNally fields.

Sophomore Nolan Yoshimura, agrees with Choy that the turf is a great place to view intramural sports, where you can support your friends or scout out the competition. He also added that the best place to watch school sports is the gym, where he enjoys supporting the men’s basketball team. “It’s just a crazy and fun environment to be in,” he said.

You do not have to be the guy that is buffering highlights of a great game he missed. Whether it is watching games at a sports-oriented restaurant, watching them on TVs in dorms with friends, or actually attending on-campus sporting events, you can be a part of all the action.