Biola to ponder its tech future at Imagination Summit

The Imagination Summit on Thursday will bring together an iTunes representative and radio host Hugh Hewitt to discuss the future of Biola’s technology use.

Matthew Draper, Writer

Tomorrow, Biola hosts the Imagination Summit, a full day event that will bring together innovative thinkers to discuss the the future of Biola’s technology use.

The summit will bring together speakers including iTunes University director Jason Ediger, founder of Global Media Outreach Walt Wilson and nationally syndicated radio host Hugh Hewitt to show how to utilize new technology in every area of the university.

“I think the biggest impact it will have will be on our faculty,” said Irene Neller, senior director of Integrated Marketing Communications. “I hope they will see that technology is not as complicated as it might appear but will help them connect more with students than they ever imagined.”

The conference will show new ways to spread Biola’s message through new media and examine how technology is being used creatively in higher education. Attendees will be put into a drawing to win gifts including iPods, iTunes gift cards, flash drives, Flip video cameras and the brand new iPad.

“I’d like students to feel good that Biola is seeking new trends that night help them complete their degree and see how technology can have an impact on students to help them with their degree in new and inventive ways,” Neller said.

The Imagination Summit will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday in Sutherland Auditorium.