Crime Log ― Feb. 6 – Jan. 13

Vandalism, Disturbing the Peace, Hit & Run and Grand theft make up this week’s Crime Log.

Christian Leonard, News Editor

VANDALISM ― HORTON HALL

Reported Feb. 6, 2:24 p.m., occurred prior to 2:24 p.m.

Facilities reported damaged ceiling tiles in the hallway. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the case was not reported to the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

DISTURBING THE PEACE ― BLACKSTONE HALL

Reported Feb. 7, 12:23 a.m.

A student reported a group between Blackstone and Sigma Hall singing and talking loudly. Upon arrival, officers were unable to locate the group, but did find an individual playing basketball at the court near Alpha Hall. Officers made contact with the individual and informed them of the quiet hours policy. They left without further incident.

HIT AND RUN: PROPERTY DAMAGE ― LOT S

Reported Feb. 7, 9:34 a.m., occurred between Feb. 6, 10 p.m. and Feb. 7, 9:30 a.m.

A student reported a dent on the side panel of their vehicle. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the incident was not reported to the LASD.

GRAND THEFT ― HORTON HALL

Reported Feb. 8, 1:30 p.m., occurred between Feb. 7, 10:30 p.m. and Feb. 8, 8 a.m.

A student reported their laptop stolen from one of the common areas in the dorm. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation with the LASD.

HIT AND RUN: PROPERTY DAMAGE ― LOT B

Reported Feb. 9, 9:22 a.m., occurred prior to 9:22 a.m.

A campus safety employee reported a car hitting another. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the incident was not reported to the LASD.

RECOVERED VEHICLE ― LA MIRADA APARTMENTS

Reported Feb. 12, 7:54 a.m.

An officer discovered a vehicle which had been ransacked and abandoned. Campus Safety contacted the LASD and confirmed the vehicle had been reported stolen.

VANDALISM ― LIDO APARTMENTS

Reported Feb. 13, 10:37 a.m., occurred between Feb. 12, 3 p.m.

Facilities reported a vehicle with a broken window parked in the Lido parking area. There were no additional signs of theft or vandalism. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the incident was not reported to the LASD.