Crime Log ― Dec. 8 – Jan. 17

Christian Leonard, News Editor

VEHICLE THEFT ― RANCHO CAMPUS

Reported Jan. 8, 1:47 p.m., occurred between Jan. 1, 2014 and Oct. 31, 2016

Campus Safety discovered a university-owned trailer had been stolen after receiving notice of a citation from another city. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

TRESPASSING ― SUTHERLAND HALL

Reported Jan. 10, 9:08 p.m.

Students reported an individual who approached several people on campus in search of a place to stay. After officers made contact with the individual at Sutherland Hall, he left without further incident.

VANDALISM ― HORTON HALL

Reported Jan. 12, 10:37 a.m., occurred prior to 10:37 a.m.

Facilities reported damage to the elevator panels, including buttons pushed in too far and loose panels. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

DISTURBING THE PEACE ― HOPE HALL

Reported Jan. 13, 11:20 p.m.

A student reported other students playing basketball at the court near Hope Hall. Officers made contact with the students and informed them of the quiet hours policy. They left without further incident.

DISORDERLY CONDUCT – PEEPING ― BLACKSTONE HALL

Reported Jan. 15, 11:07 a.m., occurred 11:05 a.m.

A student reported a peeping incident that occurred in the bathroom. Officers made contact and determined that the individual had no affiliation with Biola and was experiencing disorientation due to Alzheimer’s disease. Campus Safety concluded there was no criminal intent and referred the case to the LASD.

DISTURBING THE PEACE ― LOT K

Reported Jan. 17, 12:48 a.m.

Campus Safety received a report concerning loud music being played from a vehicle. Officers made contact with the students responsible and instructed them to turn off the music.