Women’s basketball falls to No. 6 Westmont

The women’s basketball team suffered a 78-47 loss Tuesday against Westmont College.

Alexandra Campos, Writer

The Biola women’s basketball team’s two-game win streak ended as they suffered a disappointing 78-47 loss against No. 6 Westmount College on Tuesday night.

Although the Warriors maintained the lead the entire game, the Eagles played a solid first half making 48 percent of their field goals compared to Westmount’s 46.43 percent. Senior Emily Drews led the Eagles with 16 points and hit three 3-pointers through out the half. However, the Eagles ended the first half trailing 35-27.

Second half grounds Eagles

Westmount started off the second half strong with two 3-pointers in the first minute. The Eagles quickly responded with a layup by senior Charrise Reece, but were unable to score again until 13:09 left in the game, by this time the Eagles were down by 29 points.

Biola sophomore Adijat Adams contributed eight points and Reece dished out five assists, but it was Westmount’s Tugce Canitez that took away the night scoring 24 points. The Warriors made 65.22 percent of their field goals in the second half and 100 percent of their 3-pointers while Biola was only able to hit 8 of 28 field goals.

The Eagles now have a Golden State Athletic Conference record of 6-7 and play their next game against Point Loma Nazarene University on Saturday at Chase Gymnasium at 5:30 p.m.